The knee is a modified hinge joint consisting of cartilage, tendons, ligaments, and bones. Knee injuries are common and can be very debilitating. Knee pain can make it difficult to walk comfortably or enjoy your favorite activities. And when a patient suffers from chronic pain, swelling, instability, stiffness, and popping that limits their ability to perform some movements, it can be a sign of a serious underlying condition. The cause of knee injuries and pain fall into three categories:
- Chronic conditions:Osteoarthritis, Degenerative Joint Disease etc.
- Sudden injury: sprain ligament or tendon
- Overuse injury: Tendonitis, bursitis, IT band syndrome
After a thorough evaluation of your condition, we may be able to pinpoint the exact cause of your knee pain. PRP uses a concentrate of your own platelets and other growth factors to try and stimulate the natural healing process in tissues. Before resorting to knee surgery, you may find PRP therapy to be a viable option that may be able to:
- Reduce osteoarthritis symptoms
- Accelerate wound healing
- Improve muscular and joint pain